So this New Year I’ve decided that in addition to the standard resolution list of things I plan to (or dream of) doing, I am going to also make a list of things I plan to stop doing. I have so many self-defeating and just plain bad habits that I can learn to do without. So without further ado:
What I Am Giving Up in 2013:
1. My dislike for cooking. Or to be more exact, my disklike for cleaning the kitchen. Seriously, this is the root of many of my problems.
2. Any and all excuses for not:
3. My undeserved hatred for housework. Well maybe a little deserved, but I still need to let that bitterness go.
4. My mindless spending to cover for my loneliness and/or boredom.
5. My obsession with mindless facebook games. Maybe this should be first.
6. My unhappiness with my life. I have a pretty good life, and hopefully I will be able to be okay if it’s not perfect.
7. My tendency to eat to make myself feel better when angry/annoyed/frustrated. Or any other negative emotion.
8. My complete and total ambivalence for anything finance related. Especially my expense reports. That’s just sad.
9. My unhealthy relationships with some members of my family. I want this heat to be focused on clean starts and getting rid of old pain has to fit in there somewhere. I think Oprah or Iyanla Vanzant said that.
10. My total inability to take good/proper care of myself. Actually, if I can master this the rest can take care of itself. Who knew?
And for anyone still reading…
What I Resolve To Do In 2013:
1. Spend more time with friends and less on work.
2. Take a least 2 trips – ANYWHERE!
3. Pay off my credit cards
4. Rediscover my bliss
5. Try two recipes I’ve pinned on Pinterest.
It’s a lot for one year, tobe sure. But a girl can dream, can’t she?